The aim of the registered society “Museum of People‘s Architecture and
Culture Schwarzbach e.V."
take off farm-houses which are
valuable and can‘t be maintained
in their present places and
rebuild them at Schwarzbach
again. The area of the museum at Schwarzbach
is being continually extended. We started our activities in 1997 when it was necessary to
farm-house with stable and living rooms dated from 1715 from the village
Doberenz to the Schwarzbach Museum.
The dwelling area of that building was
originally a so-called “Umgebindehaus“
(Upper Lusatian house). That was the
building of a three-sided farm. The building was several times changed in
the past. The
state of the house essentially looks
Our society would like to give the today‘s and tomorrow‘s people an
of the life in the past so that it never will be forgotten.